Author Topic: Center of Balance, Rotisserie Pictures wanted, 67-68 Coupes  (Read 1515 times)

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
I am looking to determine approximate center of balance on 67-68 Coupes, Bare and stripped. Any photos of partially assembled or anything at all that might help determine this center point. I plan to mount only the shell of the car, but it might help if anybody already knows the approximate center of rotation prior to the trial/error of finding it myself. I already have photos of my brother's 68 Convertible on the same rotisserie, so that's a basic start but I'm sure that body is a whole lot heavier down bottom.
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Center of Balance, Rotisserie Pictures wanted, 67-68 Coupes
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 11:11:28 PM »
Never is truly balanced - at least on the ones I've used. But as long as its not too much and we can still turn it (buffering it when the heavy end is heading to the bottom)  it hasn't been a problem. One I have (built for me by the owner of the first concours car I did) has it's rear brackets designed straight into and attaches at the bumper bracket holes for the rear bumper. Front (going to the front bumper bracket attachment points) is offset down to make up for the alignment difference. To hold it on its side we simply held it in place using a chain (notice it at the back of the rack in the pictures )

Not me but Donny. The shop was not use to cars as common as 65 Shelby's. Typically they built Peirce Arrows for Pebble Beach competition
Heck of a learning curve especially that long ago

5S341 at SAAC National in Portland (Not Watkins Glean like in the registry)  - 1st place in its class ;)

« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 11:16:04 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 10:54:27 AM »
Here is a shot of the rotisserie. The convertible I've seen on it already was centered about 3-4 inches lower than Jeff's fastback body is centered. ;) I guess this basically answers my question. Center the body about where the bumper chrome would be, then hold on with a chain and give it a twirl.  :o
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 10:56:38 AM by 67gtasanjose »
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline 427Fastback

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 01:53:19 PM »
My rotisserie.I built it myself.Uses big bearings on the top and rams to raise and lower it.It was never meant to be rolled around so no wheels or tie bars..I have a indexing head on the top to lock it in any position..I built it just for my own stuff..

Cory