Author Topic: Check valve for Midland-Ross booster?  (Read 1842 times)

Offline Murf

Check valve for Midland-Ross booster?
« on: January 31, 2014, 11:11:50 AM »
Looking for an image of an original vacuum check valve used in a 68 Midland-Ross booster equipped with disc brakes.  The build date of the car is April 03 at San Jose.  Not sure if any of the originals are still floating around but armed with a photo of what they look like will be a good start.  Thanks!
John Murphy

1965 "K" GT fastback Honey Gold exterior, Ivy Green and White Pony interior, many options
1966 Conv., high option, removeable hardtop, thermactor "C" engine, AC, Springtime Yellow exterior, Black Pony interior
1968 California Special, "J" code, ,many options, white with red interior

Offline Brian Conway

Re: Check valve for Midland-Ross booster?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 06:23:11 PM »
     This is on a friends 3/18/68 San Jose GT.  No idea about the originality but it's a start.  Brian
5RO9A GT  4 Spd Built 5/29/65
9TO2R SCJ 4 Spd Built 9/19/68
Owner Driver Mechanic
San Diego, Ca.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 11:41:24 PM »
Looking through my pictures I'm simply amazed by the number of 68 Mustangs that didn't get power brakes

John here are a few examples of what I found - not the one I recalled but the survey speaks for itself I think

Found two with the white (painted black) style valve but both pretty early cars - not near your cars' date

And all the rest were the black with the long center "stud" including our Cal Spec which is fairly close to yours (approx 5000 numbers off)

Have more with this style - figured this was enough ;)

Hope this helps
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 02:23:06 PM »
Don't get confused if you see other ones that are flat because there is another Midland Ross check valve style without the small protrusion in the middle but that was for 67 and possibly very early 68.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 11:26:48 PM »
i dont have an exact changeover date (and my samples are mostly NJ) but I would put the changeover date from the white/painted black 67-early 68 style to the recessed style with center plastic stud and word manifold somewhere in Feb 68
Tim Lea  Shelby concours judge MCA, SAAC, Mid America

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 11:45:53 PM »
i dont have an exact changeover date (and my samples are mostly NJ) but I would put the changeover date from the white/painted black 67-early 68 style to the recessed style with center plastic stud and word manifold somewhere in Feb 68

Looking at what I've got the earliest I've got for a black stud style PB valve is from the last week of Jan at San Jose. Last/latest white style from mid-late December
Jeff Speegle

Offline Murf

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 06:05:15 PM »
Thanks, everyone!  It helps so much to know what one is looking for when scrounging and asking around.  With the information you guys provided I have one in my hand.  It would have never been located without your help. 
John Murphy

1965 "K" GT fastback Honey Gold exterior, Ivy Green and White Pony interior, many options
1966 Conv., high option, removeable hardtop, thermactor "C" engine, AC, Springtime Yellow exterior, Black Pony interior
1968 California Special, "J" code, ,many options, white with red interior

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 08:33:44 PM »
Thanks, everyone! ..................... I have one in my hand.  .........

Great to hear John - now on the next challenge ;)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 08:37:05 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle