Author Topic: Retaining Clip  (Read 1499 times)

Offline suskeenwiske

• 214-347-3628
Retaining Clip
« on: November 23, 2013, 05:53:06 PM »
Any suggestions on where I may be able to find this clip? It holds the Fuel and Vacuum Advance Lines together on my '65 6-Cylinder. The photo is of one I recently found in a salvage yard. I looked at the available clips for Automatic Transmissions but are too large and had little success trying to modify one to match the correct clip.

Thanks

Ray
Ray
1965 Dearborn Coupe
6 Cylinder, AT, PB, PS, AC
Est. Build 23A

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Retaining Clip
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 07:41:53 PM »
Other than getting lucky and having someone else here find on in their collection I don't know of any other resource except a donor car or motor. Unfortunately 6 cylinders are not collected nor saved like V8 pieces are but you can just keep looking

Here are a few other pictures of cars and other locations of where they might be located for others looking to help out.  Don't know of the specific application for the wider/larger clip seen on a couple of these examples at the front of the engine

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Ivygreen65

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 07:55:15 PM »
That clip looks very similar to the clip that holds the C4 cooling lines together, but the cooling lines are the same size.  I wonder if you could modify the cooling line clip to work for your application.

Offline mjd 65

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 11:24:08 PM »
Coincidentally, I just ordered a transmission line clip from NPD. As you can see from the picture below, it looks like a pretty close match to your clip.

Mel
July 65 silver blue Metuchen hardtop

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 01:02:42 AM »
The clip, 372223-S2/7, for transmission cooling lines is designed for two 5/16 inch dia tubes, the clip, 357655-S, for use on the I-6 (both 170 and 200CID engines thru 67 - no 68 eng documentation from Osborn) vacuum and fuel lines is shown for two 1/4 inch tubes so a pair of pliers would "shrink" it to fit. I think the fuel line may be 5/16 in dia, still within the range of the pliers treatment. There still remains the question of width however. The transmission cooler line clip is 1/4 inch wide.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.