Author Topic: Check out this guys claim to fame  (Read 3203 times)

Offline petersixtfive

Check out this guys claim to fame
« on: October 10, 2013, 12:50:58 AM »
http://bit.ly/1g1fwX1

this link caused my AVG to block a threat---BEWARE!! from carlite65
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 01:03:02 PM by carlite65 »
65 SJ GT fastback June 65 Build

Offline jwc66k

Re: Check out this guys claim to fame
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 12:47:14 PM »
I passed on another historical claim to fame car that the owner said was used by Moses to go to the Red Sea Parting ceremonies -  ::)
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 01:00:53 PM »
http://bit.ly/1g1fwX1

that link caused my AVG to block a threat. beware!!
5F09C331248

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 03:46:02 PM »
that link caused my AVG to block a threat. beware!!
It's the .ly part of the address, it's Libya. The original poster, peter41, should have copied the actual e-bay link instead of going thru a secondary web site. Peter, change your ways.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 03:53:37 PM »
Here's the direct link, and it's good for a laugh.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-Fastback-Perhaps-the-rarest-Mustang-in-the-WORLD-/261300829758?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3cd6be3e3e&item=261300829758&pt=US_Cars_Trucks
And I tested it, and it works, but the Mustang forum I copied the e-bay link from prompted a Norton alert for a malicious attack. 
Jim

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 04:10:15 PM »
even from the e-bay link AVG blocked a threat..........not going to get my laugh on this one.
5F09C331248

Offline krelboyne

• West Coast Classic Cougars
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 06:06:50 PM »
I would rather have the Bonnie and Clyde car.

Here is the text from the eBay listing:
Up for bid is perhaps the most unique, rare, mysterious, history altering Mustang ever know. The research that has been done indicates there were 2 Mustangs involved in the assassination of Martin Luther King. If you Google James Earl Ray Mustang, you will discover testimony that A), A mechanic adjusted the clutch for Ray (the governments car is automatic!) B), There was an eye witness that described 2 white Mustangs leaving the scene. C), A very authentic police radio report of a white Mustang traveling in the opposite direction. I have numerous documentation including the stolen car report from Washington, where and when the car was recovered, A newspaper clipping showing a picture of the car and the former owner (prior owner to me with his name on the title) with text stating Disneyland wanted to lease it to put on display with there other notorious cars. I have a lot more documentation that I can't put on eBay.It may well belong in a museum!.
I have owned this car for over 13 years and haven't done a thing to it. This is a great opportunity to open another can of worms. Like finding bullet casings on the grassy knoll in Dallas Texas!
  The car looks worse than it really is. Other than some minor rust issues as shown in the pictures (doors and front fender) she is very solid. Please look over all the pics as this will give you the best indication of its condition. The interior is a mess but I believe complete. There are taillights, console, bumpers, extra tailpan with bumperettes, hub caps, gage cluster etc. etc..Please ask your questions before you bid since this is a no reserve auction, if you are the high bid, you own it! Buyer is responsible for all shipping etc. I will gladly help load. Sold as is where is
Scott Behncke - Carcheaologist
West Coast Classic Cougars
503-463-1130
1968 GT/CS 302-4V San Jose 05B
1968 Cougar XR7 Dearborn 09A

Offline petersixtfive

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 06:31:04 PM »
Sorry if the link caused concern it wasn't intended
It was the link straight from the ebay site
I can see now that it went to a secondary site, however that was ebays link
Strange now that I think about it
Regards

Offline petersixtfive

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 06:36:59 PM »
If you research a little more it appears that the 2 white mustangs near the scene were both coupes
No mention in any of the reports of a fastback

I would say caution to the people bidding

Offline mjd 65

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2013, 07:58:01 PM »
Irrespective of the obvious BS story, it is an interesting car.  Check out the 79 interior code (palomino cloth and vinyl).  I've seen cloth and vinyl codes on hard tops, but I can't ever recall seeing one on a fastback.

Mel
July 65 silver blue Metuchen hardtop

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2013, 08:40:08 PM »
........................, but I can't ever recall seeing one on a fastback.

Have seen (brother owned it in the 70's) one. Still have the front seat covers from that car that I've used in seminars for years. Car was stolen and rolled in the late 70's :(

Should ahve kept the door tag also
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)