Author Topic: 70 Mach I AC vacuum control line routing  (Read 3165 times)

Offline RadBOSS

70 Mach I AC vacuum control line routing
« on: September 13, 2013, 12:04:52 AM »
Photo posted is AC / Heater box as  removed and plumbed.  Illustration is from vacuum hose kit and is identical to one in the shop manual.

As removed from the car,  the white tagged hose went to no where.  Instead,  brown hose which branches to purple thru the water valve vacuum switch was tee'd off from and branched to the white hose actuator.

Is this someones own personal modification.  I tend to believe the diagram.  Appreciate anyone else's experience

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w455/RadB0SS/70%20Mach%20I/IMG_0408.jpg

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w455/RadB0SS/70%20Mach%20I/IMG_0409.jpg

Thanks

Offline RadBOSS

Re: 70 Mach I AC vacuum control line routing
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 05:12:43 PM »
No body has had their 69 or 70 Mustang air conditioning unit apart??  :-\

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 05:50:56 PM »
Don't take/have allot of interior detail pictures but maybe this will help

From 0F05M19200x

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline RadBOSS

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 02:15:58 AM »
Jeff

Thanks.

This looks more like the illustration and the line in question is not branched.  Have not thought out the PO 's logic to modify they way they did (actuate recirculating door and heater water valve at the same time.  At least it will go back together correctly plumbed.

Paul

« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 02:18:29 AM by RadBOSS »

Offline 70Mach

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 10:06:09 AM »
When I took mine apart it didn't look like the diagram that came with the hose kit.  My hose kit didn't come with the bulkhead (I don't know if that's the correct term) connector that all the hoses go into at the control.  If your hose kit didn't come with the bulkhead, the new hoses are a little smaller and will need to be glued into the old bulkhead (I first used weather strip adhesive but that wasn't good enough, I ended up using silicone to them sealed real good).  I believe I ended up using the diagram that came with the kit, but I can't remember for sure.  Since the car wasn't near running when it went back in, I ran vacuum from another vehicle to make sure all doors and the water valve operated properly.  From my experience, the smallest vacuum leak causes a lot of problems.   
'70 Mach 1, Metuchen, 351C, 4 bbl, auto, a/c, PDB, PS, shaker, white stripe, Dark Ivy Green w/black int.  '67 Mustang, San Jose, convertible 390, 4 speed, console, rear grill, Nightmist blue, standard blue interior

Offline Buiaka

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 06:27:19 PM »
Hi,

just connect everything like shown in the diagram and youre fine. I made my experience with this vaccum hoses and control unit. The hose from the water valve vaccum switch connects without a branch to the water valve. The water valve is only activated when you turn AC to max. And the lever from warm to cold.
I had some vacuum problems and i found out that the yellow connector from the vacuum control unit was broken. I disconnected the big plug where all vacuum hoses connect to the control unitand then saw the problem.

greets

Christopher
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 06:29:09 PM by Buiaka »