Author Topic: San Jose Radiator - With 4 Spd  (Read 1264 times)

Offline Herman

San Jose Radiator - With 4 Spd
« on: September 21, 2013, 11:12:18 PM »
Hello All,

I am seeking some help in identifying the correct radiator that is supposed to be in my car.  It's 4 speed GT coupe without Power steer or Air and is built early Jan 66.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated (i.e 2/3 core etc....) and would definitely need some pictures to help me out as well.

Thanks
Herman
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 05:32:44 PM by J_Speegle »
Washing, polishing and cleaning stuff some more in an attempt to retain that 'Golden nugget'

Offline petersixtfive

Re: San Jose Radiator
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 08:57:41 AM »
I believe this is correct
Others may want to confirm
Cheers
65 SJ GT fastback June 65 Build

Offline livetoride60

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 05:39:55 PM »
Interesting chart.  That's the first time I've seen a reference to the G2 radiator being on non-Shelby Mustangs.  My Oct 64 SJ K-code still has an original C4ZE-G2, date code 9-64.  I have seen some discussions on the SAAC and Hipo forums on whether these were Shelby-only or not, but don't know the definitive answer.

Do you mind sharing the source of the chart?  Also, I'd be interested in any comments from those more knowledgeable in the topic below....

Started a new topic here:  http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=7186.new#new

Thanks,
Rich
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 05:50:17 PM by livetoride60 »
'65 K code Fastback, 4sp, San Jose, 10/9/64
'66 C code Coupe, C4, Dearborn, 5/24/66
'67 Fairlane Convertible, 3sp, 200 I6

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 09:31:45 PM »
Hello All,

I am seeking some help in identifying the correct radiator that is supposed to be in my car.  It's 4 speed GT coupe without Power steer or Air and is built early Jan 66.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated (i.e 2/3 core etc....) and would definitely need some pictures to help me out as well.

So I'm guessing that you don't presently have a radiator. If so then IMHO what you need to do is to locate a San Jose V8 manual radiator with a Nov/Dec date.

If its bee recored or rodded over the years (typical) the the engineering tag will be gone and you can add the right one to the radiator during the restoration process

Not going to be a easy search, they are out there but your competing with all the Shelby guys (with cars but the same time period) that have lost theirs also :(
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)