Author Topic: 66 San Jose Carpet Edge Detail - Under dash  (Read 798 times)

Offline jbarela

66 San Jose Carpet Edge Detail - Under dash
« on: August 18, 2013, 09:31:22 PM »
NOTE- I figured it was best to split this request from another thread (concerning 66 NJ details) so that future viewers ans searches would find it easier. ;)

great pictures Jeff..one in particular I was hoping to find was the carpet leyment under the dash. From the single pic you posted it looks like it goes up really high and trimmed around the gas pedal in a circle?

I think I should not trim any off the underdash part and just trim around the pedals and steering column???

wish I had some more pics of this area. What do you recommend Jeff..do you have more pics of the driverside area of the carpet that goes up under the dash and how far it goes up and what its trimmed around?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 10:18:08 PM by J_Speegle »

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 66 San Jose Carpet Edge Detail - Under dash
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 12:41:20 AM »
Second request in the last couple of weeks for this details so this will take care of two requests with a single response :)

On the drivers side the original carpet was trimmed to clear the steering column, and have seen some trimmed at the E brake mechanizim or accelerator arm. The detail also applies to at least 65 San Jose production Mustangs

Owner here just placed the replacement carpet over the original :(

Over the center hump

Under the heater box (would suggest that you don't copy the uneven trim on the far right of the picture ;)

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)