Author Topic: 65/66 HiPo balancer date code question?  (Read 464 times)

Offline Morsel

65/66 HiPo balancer date code question?
« on: June 24, 2019, 01:48:26 PM »
Hey all,

Been looking at HiPo harmonic balancers and have a date code question, I see some listed for example as 5J, and other listed as J5, so the date and year reversed, was there different suppliers for these and just different methods of date stampings? Also which would more then likely have been a proper one for a San Jose car, or could it have been both ;)

Thanks,

Jason
February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 65/66 HiPo balancer date code question?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 02:32:44 PM »
From the ones I have on record and pictures of and haven't looked into this in the past but gave it a quick look

I see a mix of both year and month first in pre 66 stamped examples so far so it may be time related or as you suggested possibly two outside providers
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Morsel

Re: 65/66 HiPo balancer date code question?
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 04:00:28 PM »
From the ones I have on record and pictures of and haven't looked into this in the past but gave it a quick look

I see a mix of both year and month first in pre 66 stamped examples so far so it may be time related or as you suggested possibly two outside providers

OK, seems like if you have examples of both ways then it's not something I need to concern myself with as long as I get the correct date code for my build.

Thanks as always Jeff.

Jason
February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior