Author Topic: Under body and interior color's  (Read 3274 times)

Offline slingslingbinks

Under body and interior color's
« on: July 05, 2013, 11:43:23 PM »
Hi ya all.

I finally got all the body work done and the body media blasted and i'm doing research on what color to paint the interior of the car, Trunk and under side of the body.

I do not have the door tag to see what the original color was, but i believe it was a yellow color of some sorts.

I have the complete body media blasted and i'm not going 100% concours on the correct primer under the body but i do know the front clip area and firewall is a satin black and it goes to the rear of the car underneath the body, But how far back the black goes is the question there.

What kind of primer should i shoot the body with will be helpfull as well.

My wife has a color picked out and it's a tortoise blue color and she need's to find the paint code before i can prime the body.

I showed the wife some other pictures of other car's for an idea of what she would want and she would like the firewall, underside, interior, and trunk area all the same color as the outside of the body as in the color she picked out and the dash painted a white color.

The front clip area will be satin black.

The vin on this car is (5F07F156770)

I would like to make the body look as much original as i can and also make the wife happy too.

Any ideas out there?

Tks Scott.

Offline NEFaurora

Re: Under body and interior color's
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 01:28:21 AM »

You appear to have a Dearborn built 1964 1/2 Mustang judging by your VIN# and "F" code 260 cid engine code.  The car should also have a Generator charging system as well if your car has all its original parts.  Right now your car is totally disassembled on a rotisserie, So you have a few options.  1964 1/2 cars have special paint codes available that 1965 Mustangs do not.  Check out the webpages below.  Also, Your Dearborn 64 1/2 most likely had Black primered bottom with undercoating as most '64-'66 Dearborn cars do.

I suggest that you Check out the websites below:

http://www.svs.com/zim/mustang/64colors.html

http://www.svs.com/zim/mustang/64faq.html

http://www.1964mustangs.com/firstday.html

(These are for 1st month Pre-Production Mustangs - Keep that in mind, But are Dearborn cars - Can help guide you a bit.)

http://early-mustang.com/

Tony K.
Tony Kovar (NEFaurora@aol.com)
1965 Mustang Convertible 200 cid 3spd manual
1966 Mustang Convertible Sprint 200 C4 Auto
2007 Mustang Convertible V6 Auto with "Pony Package".
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Registry Owner/Moderator
MCA#70001

Offline slingslingbinks

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 01:38:13 AM »
Hey Tony.
Tks for the info.
I'll show the Wife the colors and maybe shell go for an original color. I can get another door tag and it would be nice to have the paint code on the tag. I'll show her this info tomorrow.

C-ya Scott

Offline NEFaurora

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 03:04:37 PM »
I see your wife likes Blue. Caspian Blue is one of my favorites.  Guardsman Blue is nice too. Cascade Green is also nice, The best of the Greens In my Humble opinion.

The other '64.5  Greens, Blues and Tropical Turquoise are too "Girlie Girl" colors in my opinion if I had my color choice like you now do.  Remember, You are a man, and You'll be driving the car too!

Good Luck with your choice.... Please don't forget to post here what color you finally choose!!

PS: The original Sunlight Yellow or Phoenician Yellow are really nice too...!..Since your car was originally Yellow.. I like Phoenician Yellow myself.

Tony K.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 03:11:00 PM by NEFaurora »
MCA#70001

Offline slingslingbinks

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 10:01:30 PM »
Hey Tony.
I haven't got the wife down here to check out the exterior colors yet. What interior colors are out there?

That 64 colors website ya listed is good for the exterior colors. Any thing out there off the top of your head for interiors?

Tks Scott

Offline C5ZZ

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 12:35:19 AM »
You can go to a parts vendors website and look up seat upholstery
or door panels and see what colors are listed for 64 1/2
MCA # 00945

65 Fastback, 6 cyl, AT, AC, PS, PB
Rangoon Red/Red Interior

Offline NEFaurora

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 12:44:26 AM »
For '64.5, Basically, Red, Blue, Black, '65 White, Ivy Gold or Palimino (Tan)

I would pic the Exterior color first, then coordinate the interior color.  A Black interior pretty much goes with everything, and Matches the best of all of them.

Tony K.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 11:35:40 PM by NEFaurora »
MCA#70001

Offline slingslingbinks

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 01:26:23 AM »
Hey Tony.

Here's what she picked out for the exterior...    http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-cruise-night-blue-and-activator-kit.html

Got the red oxide primer and going to spray the body this weekend and got some slop to paint on the bottom. Need to create the bald spot's where the body sat on the fixture when the bottom was painted.

C-ya Scott.

Offline slingslingbinks

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 01:37:48 AM »
Finally got the bottom primered and tomorrow i should get the slop shot on it.

The Wife found the original paint code she want's for the body. It's a 3 stage paint from PPG.  Base coat is Teal 46940, Top coat is Candy Turquoise 46939 and then the clear coat.

I'll post some more pic's as soon as i get the body back on the rotiserrie.

C-ya Scott.