Author Topic: 1965 Fastback trunk weatherstrip  (Read 963 times)

Offline 65pon

1965 Fastback trunk weatherstrip
« on: June 16, 2013, 09:23:54 PM »
I have the 'C' shaped weatherstrip from Carpenter, which I believe is the best repro available.
I know the open side of the C faces the center of the decklid, but I have been unable to determine if the longer or shorter side is glued to the underside of the decklid?

I glued the shorter edge, but now the decklid won't close and the edges have been pushed up 1/4" higher than the quarter panels..  AArrggghhhhh

Can anyone help?

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: 1965 Fastback trunk weatherstrip
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 08:44:56 AM »
The short side would get glued down.  You may need to adjust the trunk striker to get it to latch and then re-adjust after the seal is worked in.

Does your car have the original trunk lid and original quarters?  Could possibly be other reasons for the tight fit.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline 65pon

Re: 1965 Fastback trunk weatherstrip
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 09:49:34 PM »
Thanks Charles.  I found a few more references and determined I have the weatherstrip glued on the correct way.
I was able to stand in the trunk with the gas tank removed and the car on my lift and determine what was going on.. 
More a case of decklid alignment than anything else, but I had to reposition the weatherstrip in one spot too.

THANKS.