Author Topic: New guy, old question. I cant find the paint code for a black 65 dash.  (Read 1401 times)

Offline Fastback

So, I have read and searched but the only info I am finding is paint codes for exteriors or people pointing out what rattle can they have used to paint the dash on a 65 car.  I really don't even know if it was technically a black or a charcoal black or charcoal metallic etc..  I need to get some single stage mixed up to restore the dash and give it some durability while looking correct, and I know from experience that a rattle can is not going to hold up. 

Can someone point out the proper name or a paint code that I could use as a cross reference?

Thanks

EDIT: And I just realized that I may have posted this in the wrong section, sorry mods.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: New guy, old question. I cant find the paint code for a black 65 dash.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 03:27:06 PM »
First - welcome

Just black (charcoal was a later development ;) 

Here is a scan of the interior paint section of a Ditzler/PPG paint chip page from 65. Hope it helps

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Fastback

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 04:51:46 PM »
Thanks Jeff.

I kept reading Charcoal this and Charcoal that on other forums and was certain black was not the actual color, now I know.  Now I can go and see about getting a pint that matches 9295!

Alex

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 01:00:10 AM »
Alex,
  It's a generic semi-gloss black, nothing fancy. I think that the "gloss" is in the 40 to 60 percent range from info I got a long time ago.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline aaatp

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 11:35:43 PM »
Dupont Vinyl, paint code SB12, put it on my 66 and it matched perfectly.

John

Offline Fastback

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 05:49:16 PM »
Thank you gentlemen!  8)