Author Topic: 65 Heater delete!!  (Read 3522 times)

Offline mjb0015

• Hanging around!
65 Heater delete!!
« on: September 21, 2012, 12:03:44 PM »
Hi everyone, Im new to this forum, my name is Mark and Im from Australia!!
I have a question for anyone who can answer this, I have a 65 A code GT coupe built in San Jose, color H Caspian blue, Trim 62 Date:May 22nd 1965, DSO 72 Axle 1, Tran 6, Vin: 5R07A224420,  and as far as I know was shipped to Honolulu HI brand new. The question is, is there such a thing as a heater delete car? did 65 Mustangs come off the production line with no heater box and no heater panel in the dash? As my car has no heater box or dash switches it has a pressed plate were the heater motor should go through the fire wall and a what appears to be a factory pressed plate in the dash!! Can anyone enlighten me?

Regards
Mark
65 A code GT coup, built May 22 1965!!
San Jose, CA, Caspian Blue, unit 224420

Offline Brant

• Virginia Classic Mustang Inc
Re: 65 Heater delete!!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 07:03:24 PM »
Hi everyone, Im new to this forum, my name is Mark and Im from Australia!!
I have a question for anyone who can answer this, I have a 65 A code GT coupe built in San Jose, color H Caspian blue, Trim 62 Date:May 22nd 1965, DSO 72 Axle 1, Tran 6, Vin: 5R07A224420,  and as far as I know was shipped to Honolulu HI brand new. The question is, is there such a thing as a heater delete car? did 65 Mustangs come off the production line with no heater box and no heater panel in the dash? As my car has no heater box or dash switches it has a pressed plate were the heater motor should go through the fire wall and a what appears to be a factory pressed plate in the dash!! Can anyone enlighten me?

Regards
Mark

Mark,

Yes.  That is a factory delete (credit) that could be ordered.  As you can imagine, it is a bit rare.  The firewall mat should still have the piece in it (not knocked out) where the heater box would fit, and there are probably two plastic plugs where the heater hoses would normally go through the firewall.

It is my understanding that the intake water neck and water pump inlet for the heater hoses were capped with caps and clamps like used on the heater hoses.

The RH air inlet is unique also. 

I used to buy some pieces from a guy in Hawaii and South Florida.  I always thought they were pretty neat.

Offline mjb0015

• Hanging around!
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 10:42:46 PM »
Thankyou so much Brant!! I thought that there were heater delete cars!
Is there anyway of getting any documentation or article that would support this?

Regards
Mark
65 A code GT coup, built May 22 1965!!
San Jose, CA, Caspian Blue, unit 224420

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 12:17:33 AM »
Thankyou so much Brant!! I thought that there were heater delete cars!
Is there anyway of getting any documentation or article that would support this?

Regards
Mark
Heater delete cars are pretty common knowledge in the Mustang world among knowledable enthusiests.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline C5ZZ

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 10:27:46 PM »
I bought a 6 cyl engine out of a 65 Fairlane that came from
Florida, the car had the heater delete but did have factory A/C.
MCA # 00945

65 Fastback, 6 cyl, AT, AC, PS, PB
Rangoon Red/Red Interior

Offline mgmradio

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 09:55:11 AM »
If you have ever read a 65 window sticker you will see that there are 2 standard options that can be deleted, thy are the heater an the seat belts.
Formerly the MCA ANHJ 64.5-66!