Author Topic: Original 65 Console  (Read 1529 times)

Offline Chris

Original 65 Console
« on: November 28, 2012, 09:26:38 PM »
Did all original 65 consoles have the FoMoCo marking under the top trim plate? My original console that's cracked has the FoMoCo mark. I bought a used replacement console that has all original parts and wiring and looks to be original but it does not have the FoMoCo mark any where that I can see. All the wiring and the console lamp on the replacement console is marked with C4XX..., so it may be an earlier console, not sure.

Chris
64 1/2 Poppy Red Convertible, 260V8 auto, 19 June 64

Offline jwc66k

Re: Original 65 Console
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 12:46:51 AM »
There are two variations for 1965 Mustang consoles, the 64 type without a light socket on top of the glove box toward the front of the car, and the 66 type that had the combination light socket and switch on the top. The 64 type had a light in the cover at the rear of the glove box (front of the car) that went on with the courtesy lights (door open or headlight switch activated). The FOMOCO was the only marking on the entire shell, no part number, no permanent date code. Until recently, the only reproduction made was black. A white one is now available. Most of the attached panels and other parts have a C4XX- part number or no part number (front bracket to body, ash tray body, etc). The underside wiring harness for the 65-66 console was marked C5ZB-13A711-A, the feed from under the dash was C5ZB-13A712-A. For reference, I attached a label I reproduced for the 64-66 underside harness for short air conditioned consoles.
Jim 
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline Chris

Re: Original 65 Console
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 08:03:20 PM »
I think my original console must be an early type, if they had such a thing, since the console tag is marked C4ZB-13B711-B. This is from my original console that's marked FoMoCo. The replacement console that is not FoMoCo marked also had a tagged console wire with the same part number (see picture labeled Console tag 1 & 2), C4ZB-13B711-B.

Chris
64 1/2 Poppy Red Convertible, 260V8 auto, 19 June 64