Author Topic: 67 Mustang seat belt light  (Read 2301 times)

Offline 67foxgt390

• Long time Mustanger
67 Mustang seat belt light
« on: September 25, 2012, 03:24:51 AM »
  Hi I have recently acquired an original under dash seat belt light for my 67. It was loose with no instructions. Does any one know where it should be mounted? The only one I saw in a car is right where the fog light switch is on my GT. Also  where does it wire into,It did come with the wires. Thanks!!

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: 67 Mustang seat belt light
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 08:48:24 AM »
It usually mounts on the bottom edge of the dash, under the ignition switch.  The harness just plugs into an accessory plug that is powered on when the ignition is on.  Look for a 3-female yellow connector behind the instrument cluster or similar.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Online ruppstang

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 09:18:46 AM »
It usually mounts on the bottom edge of the dash, under the ignition switch.  The harness just plugs into an accessory plug that is powered on when the ignition is on.  Look for a 3-female yellow connector behind the instrument cluster or similar.
Charles you are thinking of the 68 harness with the yellow accessory plug. The 67 went on the main lug on the back of the ignition switch. :)

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 09:22:44 AM »
I was thinking 66, but thought I remembered seeing the same on 67.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Online ruppstang

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 05:16:55 PM »
I do not know about 66 but the 67 has an eyelet end and the 68 has the bullet end for the yellow plug. I bet Midlife know all about it!

Offline Andrew@MagMustangs

• MagMustangs: Original Parts for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs
    • MagMustangs
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 06:46:05 PM »
The 67 Ring Tab connects to the Accessory post on ignition switch. The 'L' shaped plug connects to the Relay. Lets see if my pictures will upload here. On this car the Light is mounted directly below the Ash Tray. In the second photo you can see the fusible link wire running back up the the ignition switch.
MagMustangs: Vintage Mustang Enthusiasts. We have Original Factory Parts for 1964 1/2-1973 Ford Mustang.   Like Us On Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/MagMustangs

Online midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 10:03:05 PM »
I do not know about 66 but the 67 has an eyelet end and the 68 has the bullet end for the yellow plug. I bet Midlife know all about it!
That is correct: it uses the ignition post.

The 67 A/C also uses power from a metal adapter to the ignition switch post (not for power, though), whereas the 68 uses the circuit breaker located on the fuse box sheet metal frame. 
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com