Author Topic: 67 Core support AC seal  (Read 1245 times)

Offline ruppstang

67 Core support AC seal
« on: May 12, 2012, 11:39:51 PM »
In the past we have discussions as to whether the AC seal went on the back side of the core support or on the front. The assembly manual shows it on the rear held with some adhesive and that may be how they were done at the start. The later cars seem to be on the front of the core support. I judged a very nice Unrestored 67 SJ May build car in St George UT. last month and one again it was on the front.
Marty

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
Re: 67 Core support AC seal
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 10:52:44 PM »
on 68 NJ cars I always find the glue residue on the engine side
Tim Lea  Shelby concours judge MCA, SAAC, Mid America

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 11:52:13 PM »
Thanks Tim I have not seen many NJ unrestored cars  Any ideas about Dearborn cars?

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 01:17:24 AM »
Thanks Tim I have not seen many NJ unrestored cars  Any ideas about Dearborn cars?

Never seen the left over adhesive but as far as the orientation Dearborn appears to have been installed according to current understanding Though it always seemed that in front made more sense - but then I'm not a high paid engineer :(

Did have to go to my Cougar collection since all the of the Mustang examples had it missing except for one and it was not as clear. But I've got at least two 67 Dearborn pictures showing this way

Also notice the cuts are facing inward ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 12:04:18 AM »
Agreed on cut direction.
It is so hard to get your head around all the little details when they were some times different in each plant and inconsistent even withen those plants.
I can imagine one of the workers that installed this part laughing at our consern about its location.
Thanks guys for your help. Marty