Author Topic: 67 Interior paint code 6G - part number  (Read 2009 times)

Offline Mustangtom

67 Interior paint code 6G - part number
« on: April 23, 2012, 11:02:38 PM »
I have a 67 Fastback with trim code 6G. My question is: what are the part numbers/cross references for the (2) paints?

My "How to Restore Your Mustang" reference gives an R/M #5778 for the Light gold irid, group #1 components. It also gives an R/M #5734 for the Dark gold irid, group #2 components.  I can't find any cross reference to this number for PPG, Sherwin Williams, etc.

I did also find reference to Dupont paints on-line - Light Sage Metallic, Lucite: code - 9266LH (semigloss) and Dark Ivy Gold Metallic, Lucite: code - 9356LH (semigloss). I'm not sure if they are correct.

The car has been blasted to bare metal inside & out. All interior trim is to be replaced. NPD has paint available in aerosol cans, Scott Drake has paint available in aerosol cans, but the person painting the car would strongly prefer to use his trusted paint gun.

Is there a source to cross reference the R/M and/or Dupont numbers to a number recognized today?

Furthermore, since the original paint was lacquer and that is somewhere between difficult and impossible to find, what paint of today will have the same gloss and will allow the original camera case texture in the metal to show?

This seemed to be one of those questions that should be easy to answer but to date it certainly is not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 67 Interior paint code 6G - part number
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 12:31:04 AM »
IMHO this all boils down to the difficulty of getting certain kinds of paints in certain parts of the country/world and the reformulation of everything product making old codes and formulas useless most of the time. If you missed you might try Auto Library or TCP Global (same company multiple names) out of San Diego. As long as it possible it appears they are willing (if they have not all ready color matched) to mix colors and supply them through the mail. They even can supply lacquer in some cases (toners are getting difficult to find they tell me) So go on the site, see if they have your color available, choose the product and your good. If not you might be supplying a sample but in the end you get yours and help the next guy (and the business ;)

http://autocolorlibrary.com/

Site is in no way connected with the company listed ahead - though you might mention you hear about them here ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Pete Bush

Re: 67 Interior paint code 6G - part number
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 06:40:31 AM »
From the TCP Global site it looks like #22670 for the Light Ivy Gold (same as 1966). The Dark Ivy Gold was #43614.
'66 6-cylinder Sprint Convertible
Metuchen - Scheduled May 10th; Built June 21st