Author Topic: Hardware to Mount Headlight Extensions to Fenders?  (Read 1246 times)

Offline drummingrocks

Hardware to Mount Headlight Extensions to Fenders?
« on: November 17, 2011, 07:11:08 PM »
Does anyone reproduce the hardware (studs and nuts) to mount the headlight extensions to the fenders on a '69?  Someone has used hardware store fasteners before on my car, and I hate to reuse them when everything else on the car is aimed towards concours correct.  I've looked through AMK's website as well as NPD's 2012 catalog, and I can find hardware for almost everything else, but not mounting hardware for the actual cast/pot metal headlight extensions themselves.

I saw where AMK makes reproductions of the studs and nuts used to mount the quarter panel scoops, and I was thinking that maybe, just maybe, those nuts would also work for the headlight extensions.  Did these headlight extension fasteners carry sealer originally or not?  Thanks!
Too much junk, too little time.

Offline Carl

Re: Hardware to Mount Headlight Extensions to Fenders?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 10:15:59 PM »
AMK has F159 and F363 listed for the extensions for a '69.  They have a $30 minimum, so maybe a good time to buy other hardware.
Go on their website, search kits, '69, Mustang, Body, they're listed.
And yes, I'm a fan of AMK!

Carl

Offline drummingrocks

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 08:47:41 AM »
AMK has F159 and F363 listed for the extensions for a '69.  They have a $30 minimum, so maybe a good time to buy other hardware.
Go on their website, search kits, '69, Mustang, Body, they're listed.

Thanks, I just placed an order.  I must've overlooked those, or else I was looking in a different area of the site.
Too much junk, too little time.

Offline Carl

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 03:35:07 PM »
Been there, done that.  Many times. 
Glad to be able to help.

Carl