Author Topic: Another "New, Old" Guy -  (Read 1966 times)

Offline jwc66k

Another "New, Old" Guy -
« on: October 16, 2011, 01:02:18 PM »
- or is it "Old, New" guy? In any case I'm here. In all reality I am a refugee from the Hi-Po forum as many others whose user ID's I recoganize here. I do have a 66K GT Fastback with the Pony interior and a C4 auto as well as 65 GT Fastback, both in the garage and a 66 hardtop (parts car, all the stuff that got replaced on the other two may wind up here) on the side yard (double covered), and I have a 66 GT350 I'm storing for a friend behind the hardtop. This time around I got into Mustangs about 1988 but I've owned new a 66 Fastback and 69 Sportsroof in the past plus others I've bought used, tinkered with a bit and sold in better shape than when I got them. I'm a MCA member, non-practicing 64 thru 66 judge, a local Mustang club member (Vintage Mustang Owners Association, San Jose, CA area) and gamefully retired from the hi-tech madness that permeates Santa Clara Valley (aka Silicon Valley). I got into restoring Mustang hardware when I went into a local (now closed) Mustang related store and asked the counter guy for a - "bolt that holds the clutch return spring bracket to the brake pedal support bracket." He replied, "Mister, I got no idea what you're talking about". Well, he didn't, but I found out, and created a hardware database for 64 to 73 Mustangs that currently has over 9400 items from various sources. It's an ongoing battle. Oh, that bolt is p/n 43490-S8, a 5/16-18X3/4hex with a split lock washer used only on 64 to 68 MT brackets, but it is identical (ex head marking) to 42789-S8 used on 64-73 AT's and MT's (ex T-10).
I'll post car pictures when I get this new computer straightened out - ;D
Oh, and I sign my name to every post -
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: Another "New, Old" Guy -
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 03:03:16 PM »
Welcome Jim.  I figured it was just a matter of time before you found your way over here.   ;D
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 07:21:21 PM »
Welcome - hope you feel at home quickly
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Jack65K

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 04:12:23 PM »
Welcome to the site.  I think as we have more migrations form the HIPO forum we will see more discussions on HIPO related issues or questions.
Jack
65 K Code Coupe, Vintage Burgundy/White Vinyl Top & Black Interior
04 GT Convertible, Redfire Clearcoat/White Top and Oxford White Interior

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 07:16:58 PM »
Thanks guys. I've have had business dealings with some of you from the HP forum (Charles, the dual red line tire you got on e-bay pictures' were taken on the trunk of my "K" car), Fred rebuilt my "K" car's fuel pump and I am proud to admit I'm Speegle trained, well 15 years ago I was.
Attached are two pictures of my cars, the silver blue 66 GT K Fastback and the 65 GT Fastback that was on the cover of a 2000 Mustang calander. Both pictures were take by Ron Kimball, see http://www.ronkimballstock.com/ for more great pictures by Ron.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline cobraboy

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 07:16:14 PM »
Welcome Jim
Nice to see you aboard.
Mark
13th April 1965 Dearborn K GT on the other side of the pond.