Author Topic: Seat belt Labels  (Read 6111 times)

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
Seat belt Labels
« on: August 23, 2011, 05:45:03 PM »
Just got the correct labels added to my '65 DeLuxe belts by Python.
Now, my question is do the labels face up or down? I've forgotten.
IF they need to be installed facing down THEN the judges will need to handle/move them to check during judging........Don't need to remind Charles about what happened at Jax with my car-

Offline tnguy624

Re: Seat belt Labels
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 06:27:14 PM »
so Python sells the cloth labels that go on the seat belts? I had mine done by Dallas Mustang. was a perfect condition blue set that I had changed to emberglo. The labels were in great shape. When I got them them back, they looked good, but the cloth labels weren't on them, I asked about them and they said they got ruined taking them off  :'(. So I have wondered if it was possible to get them reproduced.
1966 Convertible
Born Jan. 17, 1966 Dearborn
Rebirth began Feb. 2012
Reborn July 2013

1966 Sprint
Born  May 27, 1966  Dearborn
D-4 Interior: Parchment/Emberglo
V    Exterior: Emberglo
Rebirth began March 2009
Reborn May 2011
Moved to Australia Dec. 2011
MCA # 78931

Offline 5F09CNot4Sale

• If it does not fit, you need a bigger hammer!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 08:06:37 PM »
Dallas Mustang messed up a set of 64.5 belts of mine. They put the labels back on mine but they were done incorrectly. They are going to Python when the time comes for a total make over. 
5F09C3031XX Sept 28 64 Dearborn
5F07F1838XX June 29 64 Dearborn

Offline kutzoh

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 11:28:49 AM »
Got my labels from Stewart at Python, very easy to deal with. Also, Python was the only vendor I could find that still carries the plastic pins for the alligator clips on the early style seat belts if anyone is looking for them.

Greg
64.5 Dearborn coupe, D-Code, June 28, 1964   Skylight Blue

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 12:29:49 PM »
Guys, hey Thanks for the replies and the pictures!!  I realize that the picture is of an EARLY car, can't quite tell if the labels should face in or out?? my idea is they should face IN so displayed they WILL NOT show....is this right??  Charles?? Jeff??

Yes, Stewart at Python provided the labels and installed them correctly on my belts which HE DIDN'T restore, they look GREAT!! easy guy to deal with too!!

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 09:35:15 PM »
Guys, Stewart set me straight on the correct facing of the labels-they face inwards as to NOT readily be seen when worn or displayed.

Offline NEFaurora

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 08:20:08 PM »

Got mine at SSNAKEOYL.  Were $20 bucks a tag, but came out excellent.  Tried contacting Python to do it after multiple attempts.  Don't know what his deal was.  He finally got back to me like 2 months later...and he would not sell me just the tags just by themselves.  He wanted me to send my belts. I had already had them done a month earlier.

Tony K.

Tony Kovar (NEFaurora@aol.com)
1965 Mustang Convertible 200 cid 3spd manual
1966 Mustang Convertible Sprint 200 C4 Auto
2007 Mustang Convertible V6 Auto with "Pony Package".
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Registry Owner/Moderator
MCA#70001

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 04:32:07 PM »
Tony, I got a completely different treatment from Stewart:I called him at the recommendation of Charles, spoke with him, asked the price of just the tags, seems that they were $50.00 for all 8 pieces-(8 labels) installed by HIM.
He WAS willing to sell me just the tags so my upholstery guy could do them for $6.00 each, I ended up sending him my belts, he installed the labels and returned them for $10.00 shipping.
I am VERY satisfied with his work and wouldn't hesitate to deal with him again.
-You going up to Waldorf?  I'm leaving in the am of Thursday 9/1-Rick

Offline NEFaurora

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 10:39:41 PM »

Glad that you had better luck than I did...

Maybe he was having an off month... I guess I'll never figure out why.. Oh well.

Tony K.
Tony Kovar (NEFaurora@aol.com)
1965 Mustang Convertible 200 cid 3spd manual
1966 Mustang Convertible Sprint 200 C4 Auto
2007 Mustang Convertible V6 Auto with "Pony Package".
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Registry Owner/Moderator
MCA#70001

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 04:35:49 PM »
-Heres a little update on the belt label situation:
At the National in Jacksonville in May they deducted 1 point for having NO labels-(I am showing in CONCOURS TRAILERED) and just returned from the GRAND National in Waldorf-I offered to show the judges my labels and they said they wern't nessessary since I was in "Concours"   the rules on the LABELS themselves isn't real clear-just stating that the belts must be the correct style and type for the year...........

Offline outlawincorporated

• Kangaroo Herder
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 10:02:34 PM »
the belts in you car are fine for your car, as we explained dated correct labels are part of the requirements for throughbred and unrestored classed but concours trailered you where fine. date labels on some cars depending on belts styles are not seen and we as judges should not be playing with your belts to find out this information.

i will advise though we did deduct a single point for condition and cleanliness of your belts as you buckles (not webbing) are showing sings of faiding and slight discolouration.

Best regards.

PHILL BERESFORD
MELBOURNE.
AUSTRALIA.

ITS ONLY EVER ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!

MCA GOLD CARD JUDGE 1ST GENERATION.  MCA #68589

Offline Ivygreen65

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 01:45:41 PM »
Not to hijack this thread, but I have a quick question/comment about the labels.  When I sent my standard clamshell belts to Python to be restored, I asked Stewart about labels for my them.  He told me that, since my buckles had the date stamped into them, they did not get a label.  Also, the female side has a date molded into the plastic part, so no label there either. 

I'm bringing this up because I don't think I've ever heard anyone mention that labels are not mandatory, depending on the type of belt you have.  If this is incorrect, I would like to know and get some clarification.

Offline Chris

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2011, 11:38:06 PM »
Got my labels from Stewart at Python, very easy to deal with. Also, Python was the only vendor I could find that still carries the plastic pins for the alligator clips on the early style seat belts if anyone is looking for them.

Greg

I also had mine restored at Python, but the stitching on the belts are different from your pic. I took a couple of pictures of variances in seat belt stitching comparing my restored belt to two other original belts. I'm not sure why there are differences, must have been due to different manufactures Ford used?

Also, be aware that the inserts to the 64 1/2 seat belt hook closures provided by Python are not like the originals. I took a picture of the reproductions that can't be found anymore that are like the original inserts compared to what I received back from Python (picture on bottom). I believe there was only one manufacturer for this original-type insert and they quit producing them about two-three years ago.

-Chris
64 1/2 Poppy Red Convertible, 260V8 auto, 19 June 64

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2011, 11:50:23 PM »
Not to hijack this thread, but I have a quick question/comment about the labels.  When I sent my standard clamshell belts to Python to be restored, I asked Stewart about labels for my them.  He told me that, since my buckles had the date stamped into them, they did not get a label.  Also, the female side has a date molded into the plastic part, so no label there either. 

I'm bringing this up because I don't think I've ever heard anyone mention that labels are not mandatory, depending on the type of belt you have.  If this is incorrect, I would like to know and get some clarification.

Stewart is absolutely correct, not all belts had labels.  MCA does not call out in the rules that all belts should have labels either.  I think the judges down in Jacksonville that started all this mess don't have a clue.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline kutzoh

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 12:33:38 AM »
Chris-
    I had a local upholstery shop make up my belts. When I purchased my car it had a set of GM belts in it. I wanted blue belts to match the blue interior. I picked up a set of buckles on ebay and had the webbing replaced. Please don't use my stitching as an example of what is concours correct. It's not a priority for me now, maybe down the road I'll revisit it.

I too noticed the pins that Python provided were not the same, but as you said there's not too many options.

Greg
64.5 Dearborn coupe, D-Code, June 28, 1964   Skylight Blue