Author Topic: 70 aluminum rocker moldings  (Read 1545 times)

Offline Dave Stribling

70 aluminum rocker moldings
« on: July 29, 2011, 04:49:08 PM »
The moldings with the spearate MACH 1 letters have a -A part number on them.  The ones with the molded letters are a -C.  Now I assume that the -Cs are later than the -As, but I was looking in the NPD catalog and they sell the letter sets for the LATER style trim.  Have a September built NJ car - what does an early car get?  Is NPD or Ford messing me up?  - Dave

Offline 70cj428

Re: 70 aluminum rocker moldings
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 05:23:16 PM »
My September 30, 1969 NJ built 70 Mach has the seperate letters (from day one, 59K mile car) , The seperate letter mouldings had a problem with the letters that covered the screws falling off, The later moulded letter mouldings fixed the problem. I bought 4 of the large fender mouldings NOS from an ex parts manager friend of mine that took them home after they used the removable letters off them for warranty claims in 1970. Appairently you couldn't get just the letters, you had to order the whole moulding from ford......  Hope this helps, John  (BTW, I'm guessing your car doesn't have the engine size callout  in the hood stripe either.....)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 05:25:19 PM by 70cj428 »

Offline Dave Stribling

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 02:03:17 PM »
My September 30, 1969 NJ built 70 Mach has the seperate letters (from day one, 59K mile car) , The seperate letter mouldings had a problem with the letters that covered the screws falling off, The later moulded letter mouldings fixed the problem. I bought 4 of the large fender mouldings NOS from an ex parts manager friend of mine that took them home after they used the removable letters off them for warranty claims in 1970. Appairently you couldn't get just the letters, you had to order the whole moulding from ford......  Hope this helps, John  (BTW, I'm guessing your car doesn't have the engine size callout  in the hood stripe either.....)

Thanks. That's what I thought.  Gotta find a good set now.  these have taken a beating.  This car came in boxes and a mess.  Don't know about the hood.  Were the early ones without an engine designation? -Dave

Offline 70cj428

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 08:17:13 PM »
The engine size designation seemed to show up in the hood stripe around Nov-Dec 69. The earlier cars had a solid stripe.