Author Topic: Parking brake clip ...  (Read 2502 times)

Offline funky_selder

Parking brake clip ...
« on: May 30, 2011, 05:20:05 PM »
Hello,

I can't find this little parking brake clip (not on the 'AMK' website). Are these sold new ?

This '66 fuse box has white characters. Are these characters always black for '69 -'70 Mustangs ?

I'm missing the single pole connector coming out of the firewall. I suppose every '69 Mustang has this connector (for the shifter light going through the transmission tunnel). Am I right ? Is the colour of this wire blue-red ? The second picture shows a green wire. I suppose this is for A/C cars ?

Thanks for all answers,
Hans.

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
Re: Parking brake clip ...
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 09:28:18 PM »
Having seen approx. 30 1969 fuse boxes, I have not seen one with the lettering painted white.

For 1969, every harness has a black female bullet plug beyond the firewall with blue/red wire for the PRNDL.  The green female bullet plug with green wires is for the A/C clutch.  In 1970, a third female bullet plug (white) was added for some sort of emissions control.
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline cobrajetchris

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 11:21:42 AM »
The emergency brake clip you are referring to is a typical clip that you find on the car for small self tapping screws and should have no problem finding one on a donor car or auto parts store.
CHRIS KNOBBE
69 MUSTANG COUPE, DEARBORN BUILT 06/10/69 OWNED SINCE 1978
70 BOSS 302 MUSTANG, DEARBORN BUILT 10/24/69 OWNED SINCE 1987
69 R CODE MACH1 AUTO, DEARBORN BUILT 10/10/68 OWNED SINCE 2006
69 R CODE MACH1 4 SPEED (factory black) SAN JOSE BUILT 12/30/68 OWNED SINCE 2007

Offline rockhouse66

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 09:32:15 PM »
The emergency brake clip you are referring to is a typical clip that you find on the car for small self tapping screws and should have no problem finding one on a donor car or auto parts store.

I agree; it is like the clip used on some interior panels.  I made a point to look at some used parking brake assemblies today at Carlisle and I saw this clip still in place on several of them.
Jim
'66 GT FB