Author Topic: 69 San Jose Fuel Line Routing  (Read 1187 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
69 San Jose Fuel Line Routing
« on: April 02, 2022, 11:43:39 PM »
Was looking fro a picture of a fuel line retainer for another thread so while looking I collected pictures of the other retainers as well as the routing so figured I would post so that members would have access to the information. Routing should be the same for the other two plants. Hardware such as retaining bolts/screws and hose clamps will differ

Hope this helps others

The front sections (from inner fender hole to the hose behind the drivers side torque box) were different depending on if the car was a 6 cylinder or a V8

6 cylinder cars - notice the unused hole that the V8's use has a simple rubber plug like used on all the other unused holes in the inner fender panels

FL1-

V8 cylinder cars - notice the unused hole that the 6 cylinders use has a simple rubber plug like used on all the other unused holes in the inner fender panels

FL2-

The rest was shared with all engine sizes and with staggered and non staggered rear shock equipped Mustangs and Shelby's

Entering the drivers side torque box

FL3-

Exiting the torque box

FL4-

Down and along the drivers side rocker panel. What retainer (clip and attaching hardware) differs depending on body style.

FL5-

FL6- Coupe and fastback/sportroof

FL7- Convertible

To the rocker panel just outward from the rear spring torque box

FL8-

Up and over the rearend, following the curve of the frame rail and floor

FL9-

Where it bends and turns inward towards the gas tank sending unit

FL10-

Odd sheet metal retainer is the last one before the line connects (with a rubber fuel line) to the sending unit

FL11-

« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 06:35:30 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Daven

• 1969 Mustang Mach I. 9R02R107xxx
Re: 69 San Jose Fuel Line Routing
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2022, 03:11:50 AM »
I assumed picture #6 would have been a J-clip not the clip that looked like a brake line clip.  That would explain why I had only 4 j-clips in the kit?  Is this true Jeff? 

Dave

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 69 San Jose Fuel Line Routing
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2022, 06:36:32 PM »
Pictures label as I should have originally to make discussions easier and the difference between Convertible and coupe/fastback details updated
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)