Author Topic: 65Front spindle and bearing I.D.  (Read 383 times)

Offline kcodecoupe

65Front spindle and bearing I.D.
« on: December 22, 2021, 07:44:12 PM »
These are both  RH  spindles the one on right pictured is slightly larger than the one on the left in the picture . im thinking the left one is a 6 cyl spindle and right an 8 cyl . the casting numbers are hard to make out on both , any input welcome , thanks
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 08:18:41 PM by kcodecoupe »

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: 65Front spindle and bearing I.D.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2021, 11:17:28 PM »
These are both  RH  spindles the one on right pictured is slightly larger than the one on the left in the picture . im thinking the left one is a 6 cyl spindle and right an 8 cyl . the casting numbers are hard to make out on both , any input welcome , thanks
Besides the surface that the bearing rides on being smaller diameter on the 6 cyl it also has a smaller tie rod end diameter.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline kcodecoupe

Re: 65Front spindle and bearing I.D.
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2021, 05:33:03 PM »
Thank you for the input, bob. after researching wheel bearing measurements  and tie rod hole size, im sure the left smaller of the two is a 65 V8 spindle and the other im (thinking) is a 69 front drum brake car spindle with manual steering as it has a pink paint daub on it.