Author Topic: Dearborn 1970 coupe 351C-2V with factory air - decal locations  (Read 784 times)

Offline n2stitch

Dearborn 1970 coupe 351C-2V with factory air - decal locations
« on: September 08, 2021, 12:11:43 AM »
Does anyone have pictures showing decal locations for a 70 coupe, built in Dearborn on 2/10/1970.  It has a 351C, 2 bbl, factory air.  I'm not trying to do every wiring label or inspection ok sticker, just the major ones on the body and in the engine bay. Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 09:59:47 PM by J_Speegle »

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Dearborn 1970 coupe 351C-2V with factory air decal locations
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 05:04:03 PM »
Welcome to the site. Hope you find the support and information useful in your restoration

Guessing that your car is a 49 state car - one that was not originally built and delivered to Calif

Will look through my collection. Only see one H code unrestored example built at Dearborn in the Unrestored Pictures section of the site. The air cleaner decal has been replaced but the location of the air filter sticker is visible. We typically suggest not to buy a "decal kit" but instead good quality individual ones. In general those are made by ECS and are available through most of the retailers often labeled "concours quality" or directly from ECS

For "major" I would think these would include

Air cleaner lid - Cubic inch

Air cleaner and filter sticker for the air cleaner base on drivers side with correct part number for filter

Service Spec sticker

Engine emission/timing

Engine ID sticker

Battery inspection sticker

Not sure what pictures I have for your specific car but we should be able to piece together some usable information as to location and orientation to help
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline n2stitch

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2021, 11:57:26 PM »
Yes, it's a 49 state car. I haven't been able to find the pic you mentioned but will keep looking! Thanks. :)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2021, 01:02:49 AM »
No problem - glad to help out. Not a ton of examples given that the engine was not installed through the whole production year. Making for less examples

Pictures are not prefect as far as condition or how clean they are but the good thing is that they show us where these were originally placed not where someone placed them during a restoration.

My earlier list

- Air cleaner lid - Cubic inch - top of the air cleaner lid/cover

- Air cleaner and filter - Drivers side of the air cleaner base at about 5 o'clock if looking at the engine from the front of the car

- Service Spec sticker - During your cars production period found them on the drivers side shock tower or on the inner fender panel between the shock tower and radiator support

- Engine emission/timing - Drivers side valve cover below the breather cap on the vertical painted surface. Please ignore the owner alterations.

- Engine ID sticker - Drivers side valve cover on the forward face

Picture of both air cleaner decals as well as the location for the engine ID one. Same location for the ID sticker as in the example above

- Battery inspection sticker - Above and to the rear over the rear edge of the battery location on the inner fender panel

Hope this helps
Jeff Speegle

Offline n2stitch

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2021, 08:07:10 AM »
Yes that helps a lot, thank you so much!  One more question,  with a build date of Feb 10, would my car be classed as an early or late production car? Some decals, like the emissions decal, are different.

Offline cobrajet_carl

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2021, 11:41:23 AM »
Can't say that I've ever seen that air cleaner decal on a Dearborn Cleveland. Maybe on a San Jose?
Carl
70 and 71 Dearborn mach Is

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2021, 03:02:21 PM »
Can't say that I've ever seen that air cleaner decal on a Dearborn Cleveland. Maybe on a San Jose?

At this point don't know about this application and San Jose cars. Only looked at Dearborn examples since that was the request. The two examples shown are  0F1641xx and 0F1797xx
Jeff Speegle

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2021, 03:07:26 PM »
Yes that helps a lot, thank you so much!  One more question,  with a build date of Feb 10, would my car be classed as an early or late production car? Some decals, like the emissions decal, are different.

The early/late comment was a rough splitting of the production year starting in August 1969 so your car's build date would be in the second half. Not really a late production car but a "later" one when comparing to all of production. This sometimes helps with grouping and relating details and cars in general terms rather than all of production
Jeff Speegle

Offline n2stitch

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2021, 05:55:06 PM »
Thank you!