Author Topic: Help Please?: Identifying Mounting Holes in Trunk Floor Pan  (Read 3183 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Help Please?: Identifying Mounting Holes in Trunk Floor Pan
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2021, 06:04:56 PM »
Unique tank wire sender holder j strap (and not been repoed yet that i know of anyway) these j straps were held in place useing the tank mounting screws not screwed to the trunk floor so that small hole in center i think was added maybe a grounding wire or something or electric fuel pump.

Good eye Ed - didn't align the holes in the OPs picture with the originals. Not sure of the purpose but if they mounted the fuel pump below I don't see extra holes for mounting the pump. Really doesn't matter in our focus here on the site other than its not original so it needs/needed to go
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline K-HESS

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2021, 07:17:25 PM »
Here's the culprit. I took this off of a 1970 Mach1 nearly 40 years ago. Pulled it out of the bushes for a couple pictures. Part number is C9ZJ-19D520-A. Notice that this one also attached to the cross member in the trunk just behind the tail light panel. Probably an updated version from the earlier ones that were known to bend the rear bumper.
The Little Devil-1969 Mach1 9T02Rxxx666 Built 10/21/68
A5-Raven Black, 3D-Dark Red Clarion Knit Vinyl, 4-Speed

Offline Bossbill

• In the middle of project hell
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2021, 12:42:06 AM »
I only have this screenshot from a video, but the damage to the rear panel was great. You can just make out the two holes in the panel below the gas cap area. We went through great pains to metal work the area and keep the numbers and spot welds intact.
It looks to be a variant of K-HESS's hitch design.

I have no idea where the the majority of the hitch went. I kept only a few pieces.
I wonder if the original rear bumper was replaced due to the holes in it.
When I got the car it was replaced with a Ford C7 labeled bumper.
Bill
Concours  Actual Ford Build 3/2/67 GT350 01375
Driven      6/6/70 0T02G160xxx Boss 302
Modified   5/18/65 5F09A728xxx Boss 347 Terminator-X 8-Stack
Race        65 2+2 Coupe conversion