Author Topic: Is PI0 necessary on Metuchen Buck Tag to be a 65 GT?  (Read 3542 times)

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: Is PI0 necessary on Metuchen Buck Tag to be a 65 GT?
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2021, 05:19:51 PM »
So a regular "A" code with an eight inch rear axle and a GT with an "A" code that also uses an eight inch real axle use different snubbers?
Jim

Yes, the same square corner snubber plate is the same.  No reason to make a different rear build up for a dual exhaust A code.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2021, 06:05:07 PM »
Uh, no.  K code and GT A code share the same snubber plate welded under the car.
Yes, the same square corner snubber plate is the same.  No reason to make a different rear build up for a dual exhaust A code.
There's a few very obvious ones (snubber plate). 
Now I'm confused. All "A" codes, GT or not, use the same snubber, which is different than a "K" code. But your statement above implies/indicates a different one for "A" code engines (both using an eight inch rear axle) for GT and non-GT. I know the brake line routes and lines are different, but the rest of the axle is the same.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2021, 11:57:16 PM »
I'm talking about the plate welded under the rear floor.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline petersixtfive

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2021, 05:57:43 AM »
65 San Jose GT Fastback I just started work on
Showing the plate and snubber
65 SJ GT fastback June 65 Build

Offline aaatp

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2021, 08:37:37 AM »
So a regular "A" code with an eight inch rear axle and a GT with an "A" code that also uses an eight inch real axle use different snubbers?
Jim

Yes, the difference was in single exhaust vs dual exhaust. An A code single exhaust car received a different snubber plate than an A code dual exhaust car.
All dual exhaust cars, A or K, received the same dual exhaust snubber. But don't take my word for it, wait for Mr. Turner to answer.

John

Opps, Looks like I was to late

Offline rocket289k

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2021, 10:32:19 PM »
I also have a 1965 Metuchen built factory GT bucked very close to the vehicle in being discussed in the thread.  My GT was bucked on July 21 (code G21 on the buck tag).  My buck tag includes PIO.  I've attached a picture of my buck tag with a partial VIN.  In addition, I've provided a picture of the snubber plate (taken during the restoration).

I also noticed that the buck tag at the start of the post has no inspectors marks (the punchouts on the buck tag).  My buck tag has 3 inspectors punchouts (denoted by the red arrows). 

PS - Ignore the rear 66 style seatbelt brackets in the snubber picture.  I know they are not factory (I had them installed so my kids would have seat belts in the rear seat).  The car came from the factory without rear seat belts.  In addition, my car also came from the factory without the rear backup lights and has the non-backup lights tail light wiring harness.

Regards,

Ron

« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 11:02:49 PM by rocket289k »
1965 "A" Code 289 Mustang GT - Planned Build Date July 19 / Bucked July 21 Metuchen / Factory AC & PS / C4 Auto / 3.00 open