Author Topic: Turn Signal (off) Cam Position  (Read 968 times)

Offline must69

Turn Signal (off) Cam Position
« on: April 28, 2021, 04:14:35 PM »
I am using an aftermarket steering wheel, brand unknown, and the only problem I am having is that the turn signal cancel cam does not maintain its position on the wheel and slides around the center of the steering wheel, thus not canceling the signal.  I was considering JB Weld to stop the movement, but want to make sure of its proper position before doing that.  I don?t recall the original position on the OE wheel and of course no picture of it.  Does it go between the arms of the switch on the left side as indicated by the attached photo or on the right side?
Thanks.

Offline 65KGT

• 65KGT
Re: Turn Signal (off) Cam Position
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2021, 08:14:40 PM »
Here is where it is located on my 65 wheel.
August 64 Dearborn Coupe

Offline must69

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2021, 08:30:05 PM »
So that is located on the left side of your steering wheel which would fall between the switch arms. Thanks.
Phil

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2021, 10:27:00 PM »
No, it is on the right side of the steering wheel, outside of the turn signal switch arms.
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline must69

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2021, 10:54:54 PM »
Okay.  Thank you!

Offline 65KGT

• 65KGT
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2021, 02:02:20 AM »
No, it is on the right side of the steering wheel, outside of the turn signal switch arms.

Mine is on the left side (inside the switch arms) in more or less the same position as shown in the electrical assembly manual.
August 64 Dearborn Coupe

Offline must69

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2021, 01:07:00 PM »
65KGT, you must be using the 65 Assy manual, as the 64.5 manual does not show the detail of the cancel cam.  Thanks for that info.  I did find one photo, although somewhat blurry after I enlarged it does confirm what you found.  Thanks!
Phil

Offline 65KGT

• 65KGT
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2021, 01:55:30 PM »
Yes it is in the 65 Electrical Manual on Page 23. Nice enlarged view, the viewpoint angle makes it a little hard to determine exact orientation but not sure that it matters too much as long as cam is not moving around on the wheel.

I have a 67 deluxe wheel on my 65 coupe with the cancel missing and I am constantly the old guy driving around with his blinker on.
August 64 Dearborn Coupe