Author Topic: Disk brake rotors  (Read 924 times)

Offline JohnB

• 0F03R120303
Disk brake rotors
« on: March 21, 2021, 05:13:56 PM »
How does the assembly line rotors look like? This are mine. Ignore the wet glare. Its just oil.
Also, what brake pads are everyone using?

Also, the original strut rods has a light blue/turquoise paint mark. Any paint code and good pics of location?

Yes, has tried the search option!

Thanks.

John

70 Dearborn CJ conv

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Disk brake rotors
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 05:30:31 PM »
How does the assembly line rotors look like? This are mine. Ignore the wet glare. Its just oil.
Also, what brake pads are everyone using?

Also, the original strut rods has a light blue/turquoise paint mark. Any paint code and good pics of location?

Yes, has tried the search option!

Thanks.

John

70 Dearborn CJ conv
The assemblyline units look pretty much the same two piece design . Many assemblyline units have a tapered snout where the outer bearings sits. The after market 2 piece units if you can find any typically are squared off end like in your picture. The majority (have not checked lately) if not all of the after market rotors are of the one (piece Hub and hat in one piece) design.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline JohnB

• 0F03R120303
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 05:58:59 PM »
The assemblyline units look pretty much the same two piece design . Many assemblyline units have a tapered snout where the outer bearings sits. The after market 2 piece units if you can find any typically are squared off end like in your picture. The majority (have not checked lately) if not all of the after market rotors are of the one (piece Hub and hat in one piece) design.

So in your opinion, my rotors are after market? Any pics of an assembly line showing the difference?

Thanks

John

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2021, 07:31:28 PM »
So in your opinion, my rotors are after market? Any pics of an assembly line showing the difference?

Thanks

John
You may want to review the brake section in the 1970 shop manual for a picture of the brake rotor.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline JohnB

• 0F03R120303
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2021, 08:01:02 PM »
You may want to review the brake section in the 1970 shop manual for a picture of the brake rotor.

Would do so.

Thanks

John

Online specialed

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2021, 12:45:03 PM »
Yours look correct to me remember 70 and up is Dooz that replace c8oz

Offline JohnB

• 0F03R120303
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2021, 02:41:23 PM »
Yours look correct to me remember 70 and up is Dooz that replace c8oz