Author Topic: Non-Fold Down Fastback Survey  (Read 789 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Non-Fold Down Fastback Survey
« on: January 18, 2021, 05:08:27 PM »
Recently a question came up elsewhere and in looking into it it appears that the subject is another one of those details that has not been explored fully  after I started to collect examples. Because of my findings so far I thought I would start a thread over here to expand the discussion and findings as well as invite input from members here.  As always would ask that you include the real build date if available, a shortened VIN if you have concerns so I can label and sort as well as your finding. If you purchased the car already restored or repaired that would be important to note.

Right now we'll use this single thread and include all three plants. I'll separate them out for the results

The focus of this study is on the short curved hook arm that was welded to the passenger side trap door opening between the trunk and interior compartment as shown in the picture below.

Only interested in non- fold down cars for this study. As a note, your Marti report will provide if your car came with the fold down option, which is typically labeled as Sort Deck Rear Seat.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and to those that can provide some details to help out.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Keith Stem

Re: Non-Fold Down Fastback Survey
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 07:13:58 PM »
Jeff

8F02R185596, 4/29/68, No Fold down seat. No Marti report, but I do have the original window sticker.

Keith

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 07:27:07 PM »
Jeff

8F02R185596, 4/29/68, No Fold down seat. No Marti report, but I do have the original window sticker.

Keith

Thanks

Don't see the fold down listed so it should be a non-fold down

Does it have the "hook" on the passenger side of the trap door opening?
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Keith Stem

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 02:38:04 PM »
Jeff

I do have the hook on the right side.

Keith

Offline CT428CJ

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 10:56:09 AM »
This April 25th, Dearborn built Mustang GT with standard, non folding seat has the hook.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 11:11:39 AM by CT428CJ »