Author Topic: Correct Spare Wheel?  (Read 756 times)

Offline 65ptoGT

Correct Spare Wheel?
« on: January 26, 2021, 07:35:33 PM »
I tried searching previous threads, but couldn't find answer. The previous owner of my special paint '65 GT had told me that the car originally came with a spare SS wheel. He had many colorful metaphors to describe the SS wheels... Let's just say he hated them. I'm returning the car back to the SS wheels , but wasn't sure if it correct to have a SS wheel as a spare, or if it would just be a standard wheel.

Thanks

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
Re: Correct Spare Wheel?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 07:39:33 PM »
it could be either way. your choice.
5F09C331248

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 09:06:54 PM »
Used the words "styled steel spare"

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=23121.msg144659#msg144659

For 66 owners this thread is the results of three treads

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=2704.0
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline 65ptoGT

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 01:36:06 PM »
I missed that one... maybe because I was typing '65 instead of including more years. I will try to do a more thorough search next time.

Thanks!
 :)

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2021, 04:18:19 PM »
I missed that one... maybe because I was typing '65 instead of including more years. I will try to do a more thorough search next time.
This is the problem with too fine a separation of years in threads. There are differences, yes, but there's a lot more identical parts and assembly details than differences.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2021, 04:50:42 PM »
This is the problem with too fine a separation of years in threads. There are differences, yes, but there's a lot more identical parts and assembly details than differences.
Jim

IMHO it has nothing to do with the number of sections since the search since you do not have to specify which section you want to search its more often a result that people posting questions do not include what year or what ever you happen to choose as a search word in the title or post. That's just how searches work. Though many of us want to find the item we're looking for quickly and without allot of false positives we try to include allot of words in our search and that often makes it miss threads we want. Try using a bigger net (fewer key words) and either search through a larger pile or add an additional word to the search to narrow it from there.

Just what works for me
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)