Author Topic: 65 Mexican Assembled Headlight extension bolts - Head markings  (Read 864 times)

Offline sanluis09

65 Mexican Assembled Headlight extension bolts - Head markings
« on: December 07, 2020, 04:47:26 PM »
Hi, I want to confirm the head markings of the original headlight extension bolts for a 65... the ones of my car have letters “RBW” letters inside a small circle, then surrounded by two more circles.

But on AMK catalogue, the head marking replicated on these particular bolts is “SEMS” not RBW.... 🧐... is there any differences between manufacturing plants or date period?

Please see pics of the bolts I’m referring which are being installed on the attached pic and other pic of the bolts that AMK has.

Thank you
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 06:18:29 PM by J_Speegle »
1965 WW Hardtop, 289-2V, 3-speed manual transmission. Unrestored. Assembled in Mexico on the time frame of: Oct 64-Feb 65.

Offline jwc66k

Re: 65 Mexican Assembled Headlight extension bolts - Head markings
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2020, 07:32:38 PM »
AMK carries only a limited number of head marking of any type screw/bolt. It is my understanding that all the AMK hardware is new. The reason is simple, many of the original suppliers are no longer in business. I have at least a half dozen different head markings for 372289-S2 in my stock. They are all -S2 finish (phosphate and oil).
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline ChrisV289

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 07:40:53 PM »
I believe both my cars are RBW and are San Jose built
Chris
1965 Honey Gold Fastback (SJ 10/29/64)
1965 Caspian Blue Fastback (SJ 06/03/65)
2009 V6 Mustang Coupe

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2020, 10:35:39 PM »
Think you have a real challenge given when and where your car was assembled.

Not sure how much was assembled at Dearborn and how much was left undone so that the cars could be claimed as "built in Mexico" was done in country and what had to be sourced (hardware???) in the country also.

Looked through my collection and I don't have any Mexican built examples disassembled enough to see the bolt heads and even though they likely don't apply don't have any Dearborn to offer for this detail. Positive thing, well looking for something positive to add :) they won't be seen on the completed car though you will know
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2020, 12:43:12 AM »
Look in the library section of this Forum under topic "Bolt Head Marking Tables". These are copies from the "AMK Guide TO Ford Fasteners" that Max, at AMK has found. He gave up permission to use his pages.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.