Author Topic: Odd tag on upper cowl  (Read 4875 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Odd tag on upper cowl
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2016, 05:28:04 PM »
Here's a couple more for reference.

One looks like it could be the number "3" similar to the number punches used for a period at Dearborn for the inspector stickers -
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline rodster

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2016, 09:36:01 PM »
Here's a couple more for reference.

If your car holds more interesting original features feel free to share them too.  Looks like the sealer at the washer nozzle is still there too. I'm guessing your car pretty original?
1965 Dearborn Mustang Coupe
Raven Black - Palomino Pony
1967 Dearborn Mustang Conv.
Wimbeldon White - Red
1984 SVO - 2A

Offline 6T07K

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2016, 10:30:50 PM »
I think the car has many orig. features. Shows 44k [PO swears it's orig. mileage, his father bought it used in 1966] on the odometer and has been off the road since 1973.I have lots of photos but don't know where they would belong here
 The biggest problem with the car is it's been in Ohio it's entire life. Heavy surface rust on the entire undercarriage but still really solid. I think most would call it a garage find.It's going to be a fun one for sure. K code Fastback non-GT w/ vin stamped block and toploader. I could NOT pass it up, it was calling my name!
here's a pic to start the ball rolling. You'll notice the drivers door is hit hard, The fellow I bought the car from did that with a 70 Boss 302, to his Dad's car no less ! Door never was repaired but I did get a red-oxide nos door skin with the car.

Offline rodster

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2016, 01:14:59 PM »
I think the car has many orig. features. Shows 44k [PO swears it's orig. mileage, his father bought it used in 1966] on the odometer and has been off the road since 1973.I have lots of photos but don't know where they would belong here

Start a topic in "Member Restorations/Builds ", it will be interesting to see more pictures of this car.  ;) 

If you find a specific item of interest, check to see if it has been discussed before and feel free to add to the topic or start a whole new topic.

The biggest problem with the car is it's been in Ohio it's entire life. Heavy surface rust on the entire undercarriage but still really solid. I think most would call it a garage find.It's going to be a fun one for sure. K code Fastback non-GT w/ vin stamped block and toploader. I could NOT pass it up, it was calling my name!
here's a pic to start the ball rolling. You'll notice the drivers door is hit hard, The fellow I bought the car from did that with a 70 Boss 302, to his Dad's car no less ! Door never was repaired but I did get a red-oxide nos door skin with the car.

My 65 coupe came out of Ohio and is a rusty original car too. Unfortunately it's not just surface rust! I can see how you couldn't pass this car up, despite the wear and tear, hard to find in this original condition.

Looking forward to seeing pictures in a new topic.  Thanks for sharing!
1965 Dearborn Mustang Coupe
Raven Black - Palomino Pony
1967 Dearborn Mustang Conv.
Wimbeldon White - Red
1984 SVO - 2A

Offline sgl66

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2020, 12:14:55 PM »
The punch designs are similar to punch-outs on buck tags... could be a correlation between them.
My buck tag has no punched holes. Image is passenger side, no tag on driver side
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 11:05:44 PM by sgl66 »
66 GT 6T09K12---- scheduled Oct 14, bucked Oct 13 '65