Author Topic: This site severely lacks in 713 mustang info. and comment's...  (Read 698 times)

Offline 7173Q4spd

Just an observation... I guess there are not many 71-3 Mustang owner's/enthusiast's on this site. Too bad.
Just do it...

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: This site severely lacks in 713 mustang info. and comment's...
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 07:58:53 PM »
Our main goal is providing a medium for discussion of concours details.  We're limited to member activity, which as you've observed is minimal for 71-3 and other years/generations. 

Basically, it's here if folks want to use it. 
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline 67gta289

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 08:32:46 PM »
Regale is with 71-73 wisdom, it will be appreciated
John
67 289 GTA Dec 20 1966 San Jose
7R02C156xxx
MCA 74660

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 09:21:40 PM »
Would guess based on experience that there are less people researching and sharing the finer details as there are with other years. The same can be said for other years or models given the participation so far on the site. We have provided the sections - member restoration/build threads, general discussion sections as well as unrestored examples in that section. More than happy to support discussions and questions where I can, as are others I expect will do like wise.

Invite your friends and others you know that own and know these cars to join and participate. That is how many of the other years added to their numbers. Start a thread or two (related to the focus the site maintains ;) and it will grow if there is a need and interest. We do appreciate you joining and wanting the site to be even more :)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2020, 12:30:35 AM »
Just an observation... I guess there are not many 71-3 Mustang owner's/enthusiast's on this site. Too bad.
Over the years, one of the talking points I've use in general discussions is what percentage of Mustangs are still in existence. I usually say half of the 1,288,500 or so, 64 thru 73 Mustangs are still around. That "number" may be even less today. Of the 4 body style groups, 71-73 had the smallest production numbers, 409,638, so half is about 200,000. Using "half", there are three times that number in the 64-66 "half" group. I'm not being critical, but were not that many 71-73 Mustangs made, so there's not that many to "restore". On a side note, I know that one of the local Mustang dismantlers has sent at least four 71-73 Mustang "shells", on pallets, to Scandinavian countries. There is a "demand". Silent, but a demand,
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.