Author Topic: 1968 San Jose GT 390 Fastback Rear Shackles  (Read 2819 times)

Offline bullitt68

Re: 1968 San Jose GT 390 Fastback Rear Shackles
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2020, 11:53:48 PM »
If your wiring isn't in too bad a shape and is well hidden, I refurbish wiring harnesses at costs well below reproduction costs, particularly the underdash harness.  For wiring that can be seen, my work does not stand up to concours judging, as it focuses upon functionality and reliability using proper wire gauges and colors vice concours aesthetics.

And yes, WCC is an excellent source for many used parts common to both Mustangs and Cougars.  Their service is also outstanding, as well as their videos (and quite entertaining!).

That is great info. I was thinking of getting a new engine bay wiring harness just so it looks nice. I will have to inspect my other harnesses. The reproduction replacement are very expensive. Mine was pretty good from what I recall for the under dash, but the radio harness was butchered. Either way all of the wiring will need a clean up etc.

I saw a great WCC video recently with Jeff Speegle in it. They have a great video where they decode a Cougar and break down all the parts and how to identify them. One of the best videos I have seen on the subject.

Mike
1968 Mustang Fastback GT 390 Raven Black, 4 speed
8R02S162374, San Jose, June 5, 1968