Author Topic: K code 66 exhaust manifold (headers) locking tabs  (Read 579 times)

Offline Frank Bullitt

K code 66 exhaust manifold (headers) locking tabs
« on: August 10, 2024, 01:39:25 PM »
Hi, I am restoring a 66 K code with a Sep 65 build date. My question is should there be locking tabs on the exhaust manifolds (headers) for a 1966? Thank you.

Offline jwc66k

Re: K code 66 exhaust manifold (headers) locking tabs
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2024, 05:12:27 PM »
Hi, I am restoring a 66 K code with a Sep 65 build date. My question is should there be locking tabs on the exhaust manifolds (headers) for a 1966? Thank you.
Did you look in this forum's library under topic "Mustang Hardware Spreadsheet 64-66"? There are two files, one by part number, the other by use (aka application - "AP"). The use of "tabs" for exhaust manifold bolts is date dependent. Look it up.
(My intent is to point you in the right direction for answers to your questions so in the future you can be better informed.)
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline Frank Bullitt

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2024, 05:23:44 PM »
Great thank you Jim.

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2024, 07:29:42 PM »
Great thank you Jim.
If I got you "looking", that made my day.
(I just spent an hour looking up 65-66 sway bar part numbers - with a Manhattan as an incentive.)
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.