Author Topic: What Date Codes on 2 bbl Intake, Exhaust manifolds and 2 bbl Carb.  (Read 411 times)

Offline Bill Jenkins

• Love Mustangs
What Date Codes on 2 bbl Intake, Exhaust manifolds and 2 bbl Carb.
« on: September 02, 2022, 12:38:48 AM »
I just bought a mostly unmolested Mach 1.  It has gone from Candy Apple Red, to Orange, to its current blue.  Interior was changed from white over black to black and they put in '70 Mach 1 buckets.   It is a matching numbers car.  They removed the 2 bbl intake and carb and replaced them with an Offenhauser Dual-Port with a Holley 750.  I want to restore to original!  What date code intake, carb and exhaust manifolds would be correct.  The Car was built 6-12-69, the engine heads are last week of May, distributor same.   I want to leave the current intake, proper 600 cfm carb and hooker headers on it but have everything to put it back to 100% original.  Thank you for any expert advice as I search out these castings.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 12:34:48 PM by carlite65 »
65' Coupe
69' Mach 1

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: What DAte Codes on 2 bbl Intake, Exhaust manifolds and 2 bbl Carb.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2022, 07:04:20 PM »
.........................  I want to restore to original!  What date code intake, carb and exhaust manifolds would be correct.  The Car was built 6-12-69, the engine heads are last week of May, distributor same.   I want to leave the current intake, proper 600 cfm carb and hooker headers on it but have everything to put it back to 100% original. .

Don't have as many records for the H or M code engines as I do for other so the information and ranges will be general overall. Of course its best to compare casting dates of parts to the engine assembly date which should be the latest date found on an engine assembly

Look for replacements in the range of a month prior to the real build date but if you can find them settle for up to two months. In a stretch three months but in most cases that IMHO is pushing it in a situation where you guess/estimating casting dates with the information you have provided

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bill Jenkins

• Love Mustangs
Re: What DAte Codes on 2 bbl Intake, Exhaust manifolds and 2 bbl Carb.
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2022, 12:24:11 PM »
Thank you very much!  In the hunt for the carb, have found exhaust manifolds and 1 proper seat.  Still looking for '69 Mach 1 driver's seat.
65' Coupe
69' Mach 1