Author Topic: Rear seat belt label location?  (Read 426 times)

Offline hertz350

Rear seat belt label location?
« on: April 01, 2022, 01:33:38 PM »
Looking for information on where the white seat belt labels are sewn on for a 66 SJ fastback? Which belts and where? Thanks.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Rear seat belt label location?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2022, 01:52:21 AM »
Can't locate any here at home and in looking at pictures only found one example so want to look through some addition pictures to confirm location and if the one I have has been installed original side up

Will report back tomorrow
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2022, 06:32:18 PM »
OK this wasn't much fun but think I've got some information fro you to work with

One thing I would that even if the only side visible in the pictures was the side away from the label you could still make out the stitching from the opposite side to locate where the label was or had been in some of the pictures.

For the outer nonadjustable belt the label is sewn to the section that can be seen when the belt and rear seat lower cushion is installed as shown below

The inner adjustable belts typically had the label sewn to the belt in a location where the lower boot covers over the belt so its not clearly or fully visible and likely not visible at all when attached to the car and the lower rear seat cushion is in place.   In a few examples the label was installed slightly forward where the label would then be just visible at the crack between the upper and lower seat cushion Examples below

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2022, 08:29:08 PM »
Don't try to attach the tags unless you have a commercial grade sewing machine and a NEW set of labels. Only Python claims they have them. Snake Ooyl says they don't.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.