Author Topic: The Going Thing  (Read 1229 times)

Offline 67gta

The Going Thing
« on: August 07, 2018, 10:25:44 AM »
Had heard about these 69 stangs and Torinos long ago. They were first sold at Thompson drag strip in Ohio then sent to local dealers.

Well two weeks ago actually saw one at the Summit store Mustang show, from PA. Then a few days ago talked to two more guys in northern Ohio who each have one. One is the only white color stang made, looking at the Marti. It also has the 4:30 drag pak. The rest were painted Petty blue.

Always something popping up!

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
Re: The Going Thing
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 12:07:54 PM »
Thompson is like 10 minutes from me ;) Used to Pit for my older brother in my teens out there. He drove a 67 GTA converted to a SCJ 428 4-speed and we would pull 11's with it...Not bad since he weighed like 450 pounds! Used t yank the LF tire up about 6-inches on the launch...Loved that car!
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 02:25:46 PM »
Had heard about these 69 stangs and Torinos long ago. They were first sold at Thompson drag strip in Ohio then sent to local dealers.

Well two weeks ago actually saw one at the Summit store Mustang show, from PA. Then a few days ago talked to two more guys in northern Ohio who each have one. One is the only white color stang made, looking at the Marti. It also has the 4:30 drag pak. The rest were painted Petty blue.

Sure your referring to the only white one that was part of the promotion

Yes as people continue to search for something different these lessor programs, promotions and oddities are searched out and restored much like in other parts of the car hobby

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Coralsnake

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 01:38:52 PM »
Maybe the only white car with those options?

I seem to recall there were more white cars, after doing some research a while back.....

Offline Coralsnake

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 01:44:07 PM »

Offline 67gta

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2018, 02:04:54 PM »
There is a white car shown in this old thread

http://1969stang.com/forum/index.php?/topic/37492-69-the-going-thing/

Looks like the car I saw in some Thompson pictures.

Offline PerkinsRestoration

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 02:02:36 PM »
The original "Going Thing " Mustang!