Author Topic: AC Vacuum Motors  (Read 1259 times)

Offline Deuce

AC Vacuum Motors
« on: December 06, 2016, 11:16:27 AM »
Working on restoring factory AC to operating condition in our 67 coupe, after sitting dormant for years. 

I've made progress with replacing some of the small vacuum hoses and have good vacuum on the black, purple and green stripe hoses that actuate the Water Valve through the Water Valve Vacuum Switch (purple), and the Reheat Door Motor (green). 

I may need to replace the two vacuum motors on the left side of the Blower Motor Housing; the A/C-Heat Door Motor (connects to blue stripe hose) and A/C-Defroster Door Motor (connects to red stripe hose).  Looks like I must remove the Radio and Instrument Cluster to have even a chance at getting to these vacuum motors.  Does that sound about right?

http://averagejoerestoration.com/resources/mustang-wiring-and-vacuum-diagrams/1967-mustang-wiring-and-vacuum-diagrams/67vacac1.jpg

« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 11:19:56 AM by Deuce »
Deuce
1967 C-code Hardtop Coupe, C-4, AC, PS, T/E; SJ built Nov 30 1966, DSO 71___Unrestored
2008 Premium GT Coupe, 5-speed, rear spoiler delete, HID headlamps, well-optioned, built Oct 23 2007, RC 72

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: AC Vacuum Motors
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 05:30:51 PM »
Think I would attack them from under the dash. Pulling the gauges out would nto provide me with the access I'm looking for I believe.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 08:25:31 PM »
Under the dash and the ashtray hole should give you the access you need.

Offline Deuce

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 02:14:15 PM »
Under the dash and the ashtray hole should give you the access you need.

Follow up;

You were correct, was able to remove old vacuum motor and install a functioning A/C-Heat Door Motor by accessing from under the dash.  This repair allows the defrost outlets and AC vents to function with properly routed and blended air flow.  Now I can proceed ahead with installing a new compressor and return the AC to a working system.

Tnanks for the good advice.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 09:33:04 PM by Deuce »
Deuce
1967 C-code Hardtop Coupe, C-4, AC, PS, T/E; SJ built Nov 30 1966, DSO 71___Unrestored
2008 Premium GT Coupe, 5-speed, rear spoiler delete, HID headlamps, well-optioned, built Oct 23 2007, RC 72