Author Topic: 67 Deluxe Lower Seat Trim CHANGE-OVER date(s)  (Read 623 times)

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
67 Deluxe Lower Seat Trim CHANGE-OVER date(s)
« on: September 14, 2016, 08:39:36 PM »
A recent thread was discussion reproduction lower trim and today I happened through the Osborn Assembly manual and ran across the seat assembly drawings. It may help narrow down the change-over dates some.

The 67 Osborn Assembly manual drawing shows the updated version with the side screw & "T" bracket dated as 10-10-66 which supersedes 7-11-66 so this would indicate the plan went into effect Mid-October for the later design. My very early November car came with the early version (no side screw or "T" bracket) so I would say the change-over most likely occurred as stock depleted and as new inventory arrived (November built cars?).

I would be curious what other NOVEMBER built examples have.
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: 67 Deluxe Lower Seat Trim CHANGE-OVER date(s)
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 01:08:54 AM »
I think that the change didn't happen at SJ until at the earliest Dec 66 based on cars i have observed from that plant.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby