Author Topic: Transmission Cooler Pipe Install  (Read 1288 times)

Offline rusty nuts

Transmission Cooler Pipe Install
« on: July 21, 2016, 11:19:36 PM »
I have a question regarding the installation on the transmission cooler pipes near the alternator, the original cooler pipes had a plastic type holder that bolts to the engine, I don't know what the bolt looks like, if anyone knows and can provide a pic, that would be greatly appreciated.
I'm also not sure if the wiring of the alternator attaches to the bolt hole location on the block as well.

Offline jwc66k

Re: Transmission Cooler Pipe Install
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 12:32:47 AM »
For a V-8 the lines used a metal strap (see NPD p/n 7C008-1 on their website) that shares the battery and alternator ground wires bolt at the block. The I-6 item is shown similar in the MPC but apparently is not reproduced. Both V-8 an I-6 lines use two clips, 372233-S7, that only attach one line to the other (NPD 7A032-1A, AMK B-10272 -"similar"). All this is from the 75 MPC. No plastic pieces were "harmed" in this posting.
Jim
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 12:45:00 AM by jwc66k »
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline DM_1964

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 01:05:22 AM »
Jim, do you know the part number of the bolt?
Regards,
Dom
64 1/2 Caspian Blue Convertible - Dearborn

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 01:33:39 AM »
+1  No "plastic" pieces used

Believe there is a number of these shown in pictures in past threads. Believe they were part of 65-66 battery ground discussions/questions
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline lancelot66

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 02:07:49 PM »
Here's the link to maybe help you out of a past discussion on this:

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=12073.0

I have the clip posted in this thread (double-stacked slots, rubber coated) and have now restored it. I'll try and post a picture of it later tonight. I used the Plasti Dip from Home Depot, as Jim suggested in this thread reference, and it turned out pretty nice. I found that when I cleaned up the clip originally to get it ready to restore, the rubber had hardened and peeled off the bracket, very similar in appearance and texture as the "plastic" you described when you inquired on this post. All the years of oil and grease sludge had preserved my clip really well. Maybe that's what you found on yours...
I peeled all that peeling "black plastic" off and found also that the metal clip portion was "blued", as in the same as a gun barrel would be seen typically. So I redid that yesterday too before I dipped it twice in the Plasti Dip. More to come later...
VR/
-Lance

SJ Build Date: 1/6
'66 Fstbk: 63A M 25 06A 71 1 6
Many Original Options

Offline lancelot66

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 09:30:04 PM »
Ok, here's a little follow-up...it's as good as it's gonna get I think. I went a little too high with my dipping (towards the 3/8" hole) but it should work out ok.
From Jeff's 3rd picture in the discussion post I referenced earlier today, the clip looks to match that one but since it was also mentioned that that shot represented a later in the 66 production year car, maybe mine isn't original to the car after all. Going with it for now at least...

« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 09:51:15 PM by lancelot66 »
VR/
-Lance

SJ Build Date: 1/6
'66 Fstbk: 63A M 25 06A 71 1 6
Many Original Options