Author Topic: I'm lost on the variations of the interior colors in my 67 Parchment fastback  (Read 1265 times)

Offline QikBBStang

The quarter upper trim panels are definitely a decidedly darker shade then the quarter interior lower panels. I presume the  interior metal faces of the doors, about the dash, steering column and etc.  are as a group all the same color/shade?

Is there any place I can find a breakdown on exactly what gets painted what? ..... I have several very nice untouched original upper components and know I can get the shade/color correct  off these upper trim panels I have.
     However the I'm lost concerning the lower plastimeric panels surrounding the rear seat.  I'm going to PRESUME the metal of the dash, inside facings of doors, sterring column etc are all the same shade color?...... I definitely need to figure the correct color/shade for all of the lower panels, dash and doors as I only have my original paint steering column?

Thanks sincerely in advance.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 12:15:24 PM by QikBBStang »

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
First welcome to the site - hope you find the people and the information here helpful in your concours endeavours

The quarter upper trim panels are definitely a decidedly darker shade then the quarter interior lower panels.

Are you sure you've been looking at 67's and not 68's? As well as Parchment rather than the Medium Saddle? There appears to be a difference in how the rear panels were painted between the two years. At the bottom of the page are a number of pictures of original interior 67's - think there might be one respray in the bunch. The Dash shot - but have about 20 more examples  if you want ones that are somewhat disassembled or dirty - but original ;)

On 68 Saddle fastback interiors the upper rear panels are the odd looking IMHO much darker panels

I presume the  interior metal faces of the doors, about the dash, steering column and etc.  are as a group all the same color/shade?

Is there any place I can find a breakdown on exactly what gets painted what? ..... I have several very nice untouched original upper components and know I can get the shade/color correct  off these upper trim panels I have.

You might want to look in the Library under the 67 and then the article named Paint Codes, 1967 Interior & Exterior  - Information and reprints of period paint codes 

However the I'm lost concerning the lower plastimeric panels surrounding the rear seat.  I'm going to PRESUME the metal of the dash, inside facings of doors, steering column etc are all the same shade color?...... I definitely need to figure the correct color/shade for all of the lower panels, dash and doors as I only have my original paint steering column?

A few pictures that might help

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline QikBBStang

D'oh well I missed the inside of the fold-down being parchment............I had done it in parchment and the fellow doing my restoration went and repainted it parchment  DANG!