Author Topic: convenience light group for a 67 mustang convertable  (Read 2437 times)

Offline MIKES67PONY

convenience light group for a 67 mustang convertable
« on: July 24, 2015, 07:27:15 AM »
I need some help regarding the convenience light group
I finally found a harness and the all the relays
My problam is regarding the seatbelts were there special belts made just for that option if so how do i go about getting them that is the only thing holding me up to have it all complete for my 67
Please e mail me @ mcossu@snet.net

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
Re: convenience light group for a 67 mustang convertable
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 09:08:03 AM »
No special seat belts were used for this option. It might be a reasonable assumption that the DELUXE belts were most often used, if not always used with this option but I would NOT swear this as an ABSOLUTE fact. The seatbelt warning system functioned the same as a car without this Convenience Control Panel option, by means of a "momentary on" timer. No switches, or other connections...just the timer. (some people might call it a relay) The "timer" must be grounded and connects to the ignition switch through the same power feed the rest of the Convenience panel option is powered to "on" with. An element within the timer heats and then "opens" the circuit. (shuts off the light after a few seconds). Really simple design.

Richard
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline 67gtasanjose

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 09:09:53 AM »
You might also do a search in the 67-68 section for a thread on "Convenience Control Details"
It might help you with any other issues.
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline 67gta289

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 09:23:42 AM »
Let's make sure that we are all discussing the right thing.  There is no "convenience light group" option.  There were two options that we should look at:

1. Convenience Control Panel (four lights - door, fuel, parking brake, seat belt - mounted on the center dash or console)

2. Courtesy Light Group (which I think included under hood and under deck lid lights, possibly more)

The original post used words "convenience" and "light" which are different options.  We should not assume one or the other without clarification.
John
67 289 GTA Dec 20 1966 San Jose
7R02C156xxx
MCA 74660

Offline 67gtasanjose

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 09:46:31 AM »
Let's make sure that we are all discussing the right thing.  There is no "convenience light group" option.  There were two options that we should look at:

1. Convenience Control Panel (four lights - door, fuel, parking brake, seat belt - mounted on the center dash or console)

2. Courtesy Light Group (which I think included under hood and under deck lid lights, possibly more)

The original post used words "convenience" and "light" which are different options.  We should not assume one or the other without clarification.

All right John... :D Did you forget your meds today  ;D  I'll "A.D.D." that I also double checked the O.P.'s ONE other post, then I also searched the O.P.'s & mine private messages...PLUS the O.P.'s use of the word "relays" ... My Bad!

but otherwise, absolutely...John, you are correct! We are writing a permanent record that could be distorted without perfect clarity.  :o  ;D

(btw, I saw that too, so I called out the option's name so the thread could be found in future searches easier...Still, I had to bust your chops...IDK why, I guess I just have a mean streak :D )
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 09:51:29 AM by 67gtasanjose »
Richard Urch

Offline 67gta289

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 11:04:21 AM »
No problem Richard.  I was just doing this to avoid any confusion.

As for the "belts" light that is part of the convenience control package, there is nothing unique about the belts themselves.  Can be standard or deluxe.  There is no switch like in modern cars that monitor the belt buckle status in conjunction with the seat sensor.  The 67 Mustang simply had a time delay relay that opened a contact about 15 seconds after the ignition is hot.  Put the key in, turn it, and the belt light illuminates for 15 seconds, then turns off.  Just a reminder to buckle up.  The relay is usually located on the "Z" plate above the brake pedal, along with the relay for the low fuel warning light.
John
7R02C156xxx
MCA 74660

Offline 67gtasanjose

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 11:25:52 AM »
No problem Richard.  I was just doing this to avoid any confusion.

...  The relay is usually located on the "Z" plate above the brake pedal, along with the relay for the low fuel warning light.

Speaking about the "Z" plate...I could use some pictures of the one(s) you have, when you get the time ;) (kind reminder)
Richard Urch

Offline 67gta289

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 12:07:01 PM »
Here's a few.  I think I have one or two extra plates if you need one.
John
7R02C156xxx
MCA 74660